Category Specific RSS
SUPPORT OUR WORK
- Live at the Legation: 2017 Ramadan Nights Concert with Redouan Hasnaoui
- 2017 July 4 Women’s Literacy Program Graduation Ceremony!
- Film Making Workshop at Dar Al Ma3rifa, Zouitina Neighborhood
- April Seminar “Tangier 1947 — Two Speeches: Independence and Women’s Education.” Part 2/4 (April 6, 2017)
- April Seminar “Tangier 1947 — Two Speeches: Independence and Women’s Education.” Part 4/4 (April 6, 2017)
Tag Archives: Paul Bowles
Sunday mornings at the Legation are usually very quiet, much like the sleepy streets of Tangier. This Sunday, however, we were honored by a special visit from Idaho Senator James E. Risch and his family. Ambassador Dwight Bush came from … Continue reading
Morocco’s musical heritage, soon to be accessible online.
Interest in Paul Bowles’ recordings of Morocco’s traditional music continues unabated, with a new sound exhibit opening this week in Marrakesh.
Lynnsay Maynard, freelance American public radio producer now living in Tangier, chronicles TALIM’s work in preserving Morocco’s music recorded by Paul Bowles.
Paul Bowles came alive again in Tangier last Friday, thanks to his friend and musical heir Irene Herrmann, playing the piano in a historic concert at the Legation.
The Tangier Renaissance man – composer, novelist, ethnomusicologist – received a synthesizer from his friends in 1992, and, in his eighties, proceeded to compose music. Now the machine is on display.
Paul Bowles literary and musical legacy continues to inspire the production of cultural radio documentaries throughout the world, especially in Europe.
Literary festival “Correspondances de Tanger” features Bernard Comment’s evocation of American beat writer Jack Kerouac.
Our 200th blog post and a chance to see the Legation on BBC TV.