TagsAIMS AKDC@MIT ALC Tangier Ambassador Dwight Bush American studies Archnet Books CAORC Casablanca collaborations community outreach conference Cultural Diplomacy donations-in-kind events George Bajalia Glass negatives historic photographs holidays ICPS Instituto Cervantes James McBey Legation Library of Congress literacy program lobbying Madison Cox Marguerite McBey MIT Mohammed V Morocco Museum Paul Bowles Perdicaris Performance photography restoration Spain Storytelling TALIM Tangier Tetouan theater Vanessa Paloma Zohra
SUPPORT OUR WORK
- Tangier 1947 – Two Speeches: Independence and Women’s Education April 5, 2017
- Coming to America … March 4, 2017
- Beit Hahayim Donation February 18, 2017
- Call for Papers: Theater Forms in Motion January 21, 2017
- Legation Christmas Market, 2016 December 21, 2016
Tag Archives: Legation
Our 200th blog post and a chance to see the Legation on BBC TV.
John Blake, who grew up at the American Legation, was witness to the march of history in mid-twentieth century Tangier.
James McBey’s portrait of Zohra has been called “The Moroccan Mona Lisa.”
The historic Tangier American Legation is home to TALIM, whose museum, research library, and educational and cultural events underscore the centuries-old ties between the US and Morocco.