Category Specific RSS
SUPPORT OUR WORK
- Live at the Legation: 2017 Ramadan Nights Concert with Redouan Hasnaoui
- 2017 July 4 Women’s Literacy Program Graduation Ceremony!
- Film Making Workshop at Dar Al Ma3rifa, Zouitina Neighborhood
- April Seminar “Tangier 1947 — Two Speeches: Independence and Women’s Education.” Part 2/4 (April 6, 2017)
- April Seminar “Tangier 1947 — Two Speeches: Independence and Women’s Education.” Part 4/4 (April 6, 2017)
Tag Archives: Cultural Diplomacy
A guest post from the President of the TALIM Board, Dr. Dale F. Eickelman, speaking on behalf of TALIM Board and Fellows: Dear Friends of TALIM, I take this occasion to wish all of you the very best for the … Continue reading
The first nation to publicly recognize U.S. independence following the Revolutionary War was Morocco. Muhammad III, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams signed the Moroccan-American Treaty of Friendship in 1786; congress approved it the next year. This treaty, which was proposed … Continue reading
Chef Erik Hustad’s visit to Tangier was a wonderful way demonstrate the universal language of great food! Here are some YouTube highlights, including his visit to the Legation. (in Arabic)
TALIM is proud to once again support the Salon International de Tanger des Livres et des Arts. “La Femme” is the theme of this year’s Salon, and TALIM will sponsor the participation of American author/historian Alison Baker, and Tangier-based American … Continue reading
Full circle, after arriving in Morocco 31 years ago during Ramadan, John Davison returns to take charge at the Tangier American Legation.
Cultural diplomat, communicator, manager, at ease in academic circles – yes, all these are required of the Legation director – and more: the ability to manage the permanent construction site that the maintenance and restoration of a historic building entail.