Located on zankat America, a couple hundred feet from Bab Merican, the Tangier American Legation Institute for Moroccan Studies, TALIM, is a museum, cultural and conference center, and is the only US National Historic Landmark located in a foreign country. TALIM is the research center in Morocco of the American Institute for Maghrib Studies – AIMS, part of CAORC, the Council of American Overseas Research Centers.
If you’re interested in keeping up with what’s going on on site at TALIM, this blog maintained by the Resident Director and guest bloggers, provides informal updates from Tangier. You may also wish to follow us on social media.
Some of the things you can do in this site:
- Learn about the history of the American Legation
- Discover our educational programs
- Discover our research library and its contents
- Keep up with our events
- Find out how to visit or hold an event at the Legation
- Download teaching materials about TALIM and related topics
- Learn about our staff and how to contact them
- Learn who our Board members and TALIM Fellows are
- Find out how to support our activities