Category Specific RSS
SUPPORT OUR WORK
- Caitlyn Olson – عقائد السنوسي و اختلافاتها عن العقائد الفلسفية المعاصرة في المشرق
- Salaheddine Mezouar – “Le nouveau visage de Tanger.. lutte contre l’amnésie”
- Samuel Metz: Sub-Saharan Migrant Networks in Tangier
- Harland Eastman: The Rescue and Transformation of the Tangier American Legation
- Al-Boughaz Association Colloquium: Tangier’s New Face and the Struggle Against Amnesia
Category Archives: Legation Tales
Section II, “Architectural and Historical Context and Significance” of the of the Historic Structure Report on the American Legation in Tangier, Morocco is now available on Archnet. You can find it by going to the the page for TALIM and … Continue reading
After four years at the Tangier American Legation, Jerry & Marie Hélène Loftus move on.
Ambassador Ed Peck studied Arabic at the Legation in 1961, and tried to return in 2014.
Born in Tangier, married to a US ambassador, journalist and author, Gaetana Enders was a witness to the International Zone.
In 1952, “Nylon Sid” Paley was tried for piracy at the American Legation.
A gift the President cannot refuse: take the Sultan’s lions, or my head will be chopped off!
Legation’s new 4-legged friend mounts the guard while his masters tour the museum.
Take this book along with your map of Tangier, and discover the city through the eyes of writers from Samuel Pepys to its newest chronicler, Josh Shoemake.
Virginia Hamill Biddle, socialite in the Foreign Service, works (and plays) in postwar Tangier.