Category Specific RSS
SUPPORT OUR WORK
- 2017 Youmein Creative Media Festival Panel discussion
- “PREVIEWING THE YVES SAINT LAURENT MARRAKECH MUSEUM.” Saturday, August 5, 7:00 p.m.
- Live at the Legation: 2017 Ramadan Nights Concert with Redouan Hasnaoui
- 2017 July 4 Women’s Literacy Program Graduation Ceremony!
- Film Making Workshop at Dar Al Ma3rifa, Zouitina Neighborhood
Category Archives: Research Center
Full circle, after arriving in Morocco 31 years ago during Ramadan, John Davison returns to take charge at the Tangier American Legation.
Morocco’s musical heritage, soon to be accessible online.
Clichéd images of Tangier didn’t disappear with independence. Emma Chubb investigates.
The John Davison era at the Legation is set to begin on July 1.
“Portuguese Tangier” uses the latest GIS modeling technology and 15th century archives to recreate a vibrant image of the city during its two Portuguese centuries.
“Performing Tangier” 2014 was the tenth edition in this internationally-attended conference, and it launched at the Legation.
The Legation’s library catalog – some 8,000 books on Morocco, the Maghreb, and the Mediterranean world – can now be consulted online.
Sephardic music has lasted down the ages, from Moorish Spain to modern Morocco, thanks to the Jewish tradition of “romances” or ballads.
Born in Tangier, married to a US ambassador, journalist and author, Gaetana Enders was a witness to the International Zone.