Category Specific RSS
SUPPORT OUR WORK
- Poetry Slam Evening: w/ Noussayba Lahlou & Moniem El Boudiabi
- 2017 Youmein Creative Media Festival Panel discussion
- “PREVIEWING THE YVES SAINT LAURENT MARRAKECH MUSEUM.” Saturday, August 5, 7:00 p.m.
- Live at the Legation: 2017 Ramadan Nights Concert with Redouan Hasnaoui
- 2017 July 4 Women’s Literacy Program Graduation Ceremony!
Category Archives: Paul Bowles
Morocco’s musical heritage, soon to be accessible online.
Josh Shoemake returns to Tangier for an evening presenting his Literary Guide for Travelers.
Interest in Paul Bowles’ recordings of Morocco’s traditional music continues unabated, with a new sound exhibit opening this week in Marrakesh.
Lynnsay Maynard, freelance American public radio producer now living in Tangier, chronicles TALIM’s work in preserving Morocco’s music recorded by Paul Bowles.
Paul Bowles came alive again in Tangier last Friday, thanks to his friend and musical heir Irene Herrmann, playing the piano in a historic concert at the Legation.
The Tangier Renaissance man – composer, novelist, ethnomusicologist – received a synthesizer from his friends in 1992, and, in his eighties, proceeded to compose music. Now the machine is on display.
Come with me to the Legation, we can make beautiful music together (Yosemite Sam, paraphrased).
Take this book along with your map of Tangier, and discover the city through the eyes of writers from Samuel Pepys to its newest chronicler, Josh Shoemake.
Vanessa Paloma sings of love, loss, and longing, in the lost language of the Sephardic Jews who made Morocco their home after their eviction from Spain.