Category Specific RSS
SUPPORT OUR WORK
- Live at the Legation: 2017 Ramadan Nights Concert with Redouan Hasnaoui
- 2017 July 4 Women’s Literacy Program Graduation Ceremony!
- Film Making Workshop at Dar Al Ma3rifa, Zouitina Neighborhood
- April Seminar “Tangier 1947 — Two Speeches: Independence and Women’s Education.” Part 2/4 (April 6, 2017)
- April Seminar “Tangier 1947 — Two Speeches: Independence and Women’s Education.” Part 4/4 (April 6, 2017)
Category Archives: Music
To NYC and DC in March, to be more specific. Enjoy!
Below are the events happening this month at the Legation. If you are in the area, we hope to see you there. Monday, March 9, 7 p.m. Movie Night “The Furies,” starring Barbara Stanwyck, Walter Huston. Thursday, March 12, 4 … Continue reading
If you are looking to get an early start on some Christmas shopping, you can do it and support TALIM by purchasing copies of Enchantment. Pictures from the Tangier American Legation Museum, by Diana Wylie, on sale for $14.99 (regularly … Continue reading
Morocco’s musical heritage, soon to be accessible online.
Going off with gospel, in style – the Legation farewell to Marie Hélène and Jerry Loftus.
“Performing Tangier” 2014 was the tenth edition in this internationally-attended conference, and it launched at the Legation.
Sephardic music has lasted down the ages, from Moorish Spain to modern Morocco, thanks to the Jewish tradition of “romances” or ballads.
Interest in Paul Bowles’ recordings of Morocco’s traditional music continues unabated, with a new sound exhibit opening this week in Marrakesh.
Lynnsay Maynard, freelance American public radio producer now living in Tangier, chronicles TALIM’s work in preserving Morocco’s music recorded by Paul Bowles.