Category Specific RSS
SUPPORT OUR WORK
- Live at the Legation: 2017 Ramadan Nights Concert with Redouan Hasnaoui
- 2017 July 4 Women’s Literacy Program Graduation Ceremony!
- Film Making Workshop at Dar Al Ma3rifa, Zouitina Neighborhood
- April Seminar “Tangier 1947 — Two Speeches: Independence and Women’s Education.” Part 2/4 (April 6, 2017)
- April Seminar “Tangier 1947 — Two Speeches: Independence and Women’s Education.” Part 4/4 (April 6, 2017)
Category Archives: Museum
For Wednesday of Museum Week 2016, we focus on the architecture of TALIM. The Tangier American Legation Institute for Moroccan Studies (TALIM), straddling both sides of rue d’Amerique ( زنقة اةمريكا ) approximately 20 m (75 feet) past the southernmost … Continue reading
Section II, “Architectural and Historical Context and Significance” of the of the Historic Structure Report on the American Legation in Tangier, Morocco is now available on Archnet. You can find it by going to the the page for TALIM and … Continue reading
Dear Friends of TALIM (Version française ci-dessous), Some very exciting news. We have just transferred several paintings from one of Morocco’s most famous artists, Hassane El-Glaoui, from our library to our museum. Please visit us between Monday and Friday for … Continue reading
Full circle, after arriving in Morocco 31 years ago during Ramadan, John Davison returns to take charge at the Tangier American Legation.
After four years at the Tangier American Legation, Jerry & Marie Hélène Loftus move on.
Ambassador Ed Peck studied Arabic at the Legation in 1961, and tried to return in 2014.
The John Davison era at the Legation is set to begin on July 1.
“Portuguese Tangier” uses the latest GIS modeling technology and 15th century archives to recreate a vibrant image of the city during its two Portuguese centuries.
The Legation was transformed last Saturday for an evening of fun – and fundraising.