Category Specific RSS
SUPPORT OUR WORK
- Caitlyn Olson – عقائد السنوسي و اختلافاتها عن العقائد الفلسفية المعاصرة في المشرق
- Salaheddine Mezouar – “Le nouveau visage de Tanger.. lutte contre l’amnésie”
- Samuel Metz: Sub-Saharan Migrant Networks in Tangier
- Harland Eastman: The Rescue and Transformation of the Tangier American Legation
- Al-Boughaz Association Colloquium: Tangier’s New Face and the Struggle Against Amnesia
Category Archives: Historic Preservation
“Portuguese Tangier” uses the latest GIS modeling technology and 15th century archives to recreate a vibrant image of the city during its two Portuguese centuries.
The Legation was transformed last Saturday for an evening of fun – and fundraising.
Sephardic music has lasted down the ages, from Moorish Spain to modern Morocco, thanks to the Jewish tradition of “romances” or ballads.
Interest in Paul Bowles’ recordings of Morocco’s traditional music continues unabated, with a new sound exhibit opening this week in Marrakesh.
Lynnsay Maynard, freelance American public radio producer now living in Tangier, chronicles TALIM’s work in preserving Morocco’s music recorded by Paul Bowles.
According to the Secretary of State, the Tangier American Legation is the preeminent “Culturally Significant Property.” But we symbolize much more: engagement with the Arab, Muslim, and African worlds, starting during the American Revolution.
Instead of being an object of protest, Tangier Cervantes Institute’s exhibit “Los hispanojudíos en Marruecos” underscores the kingdom’s long history of providing refuge to Jews.
Saving the Legation – unique American historic monument overseas – from oblivion and neglect, and telling its compelling story, has been my work over these past four years.