Category Specific RSS
SUPPORT OUR WORK
- Live at the Legation: 2017 Ramadan Nights Concert with Redouan Hasnaoui
- 2017 July 4 Women’s Literacy Program Graduation Ceremony!
- Film Making Workshop at Dar Al Ma3rifa, Zouitina Neighborhood
- April Seminar “Tangier 1947 — Two Speeches: Independence and Women’s Education.” Part 2/4 (April 6, 2017)
- April Seminar “Tangier 1947 — Two Speeches: Independence and Women’s Education.” Part 4/4 (April 6, 2017)
Category Archives: Film
Below are the events happening this month at the Legation. If you are in the area, we hope to see you there. Monday, March 9, 7 p.m. Movie Night “The Furies,” starring Barbara Stanwyck, Walter Huston. Thursday, March 12, 4 … Continue reading
If you are looking to get an early start on some Christmas shopping, you can do it and support TALIM by purchasing copies of Enchantment. Pictures from the Tangier American Legation Museum, by Diana Wylie, on sale for $14.99 (regularly … Continue reading
Bastards, a documentary about a Moroccan woman’s quest to legitimize her daughter, was shown to acclaim at the Legation.
Great turnout for yesterday’s “Journey to Mecca: In the Footsteps of Ibn Battuta” at the Tangier Cinémathèque.
Moroccan & American, young and young-at-heart, Khalid Jebbar and Danny Garcia set off from the Legation to Walk Morocco – from Tangier to Dakhla.
Watch out for Sanaa Hamri: she’s conquered Hollywood. Now she wants to make Tangier Film City on the Strait.
Ibn Battuta, Tangier’s most famous son, was born on this day in the 14th century. Time to honor him in his birthplace by showing “Journey to Mecca: In the Footsteps of Ibn Battuta.”
Saving the Legation – unique American historic monument overseas – from oblivion and neglect, and telling its compelling story, has been my work over these past four years.
4 films, drama & documentary, slaves, freedom fighters, prisoners and presidents. All on the theme of Black and White, in South Africa, the U.S., and… Morocco.