Category Specific RSS
SUPPORT OUR WORK
- Film Making Workshop at Dar Al Ma3rifa, Zouitina Neighborhood
- April Seminar “Tangier 1947 — Two Speeches: Independence and Women’s Education.” Part 2/4 (April 6, 2017)
- April 6 April Seminar “Tangier 1947 — Two Speeches: Independence and Women’s Education.” Part 3/4 (April 6, 2017)
- April Seminar “Tangier 1947 — Two Speeches: Independence and Women’s Education.” Part 1/4 (April 6, 2017)
- Tangier 1947 – Two Speeches: Independence and Women’s Education
Category Archives: Arab World
July 16-17, 2016 We were thrilled to co-host the second edition of the Youmein Creative Media Festival this past weekend, from July 16-17. The Youmein Festival brought together artists and creative thinkers from across Morocco, France, the United States, Belgium, … Continue reading
High school kids in Tangier and Chicago present plays to each other using Google + and each others’ languages.
Great turnout for yesterday’s “Journey to Mecca: In the Footsteps of Ibn Battuta” at the Tangier Cinémathèque.
Ibn Battuta, Tangier’s most famous son, was born on this day in the 14th century. Time to honor him in his birthplace by showing “Journey to Mecca: In the Footsteps of Ibn Battuta.”
“Min Washington” by Abderrahim Foukara airs on Al Jazeera Arabic this week, and features an in-depth report of the Tangier American Legation and its long history.
Media professionals and communications educators gather in Tangier for the 18th annual AUSACE conference, launched at the Legation.
American Bruce Chalmers, aka Bruce Bourbon de Conde, aka Alfonso Yorba, aka Hajji Abdurrahman… once described by an American newspaper as “a new Lawrence of Arabia,” lived a life of a monarchist philatelic Arabist, and died in Tangier.
The Barakat Trust for Islamic Art does cultural tourism of a special sort: revisiting the restoration projects that they have financed, and supporting the scholars they trust.
The human components of suicide bombings, told with great realism and poetry by Moroccan film maker Nabil Ayouch.